Saturday 15 September 2012

It is official! 2day Fasting Can Improve Your Health

A few weeks ago I was watching a program on the telly about the effects of fasting and there were some truly intriguing findings.

Here is a clip I found where  Dr Krista A Varady shares her research,Michael Mosley presents from the documentary Eat,fast and live longer

 Fascinating BBC Horizon video on how fasting may prevent a host of age related diseases in later life diabetes,cancers,heart disease high blood pressure and diseases of the brain such as dementia.


 I have started the 2 day fast at weekends and at find that if I keep myself busy its something I can do comfortably.

In any case I have since found that you can eat through the day but only upto 500 calories if your a woman and 600 if you are a man.

If you are going to do this type of fasting, then check with your GP first, and make sure you have proper guidance to doing this in the first instance.

Here are some links I found on the net..

BBCNews re Mike Mosley and his fasting quest

Alternate Day Fasting

You can catch the original programme on BBC Iplayer I believe.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Sharing Your thoughts, be sure to come back and leave some more!